Annabhagya scheme is implemented with the mission of making Karnataka free from hunger. As per the promise of 10kg of rice per month to each member, 5 kg of rice, and in lieu of the remaining 5 kg of rice, Rs 170 at the rate of Rs 34 per kg will be transferred through DBT to the accounts of the head of each family. In this article, the introduction, purpose, eligibility, and conditions of the Annabhagya Yojana are explained. Read more..“ಅನ್ನಭಾಗ್ಯ” ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ
Annabhagya Yojana – Introduction
The ‘Annabhagya‘ scheme was implemented in the state in July 2013. And the Anna Bhagya scheme, which is one of the promising schemes of the government under Hon’ble Chief Minister, Shri Siddaramaiah, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister, Shri DK Shivakumar, now in the second edition, this scheme has been implemented on Monday (July 10) with unique features.
The state Congress government had given a grand promise of providing 10 kg of free rice per month to each member of the Below Poverty Line (BPL) family, and as there was a shortage of 10 kilograms of complete rice supply, each member would receive 5 kg of rice and for the remaining 5 kg, Rs 34 per kg of rice would be Rs 170 each. Funds are transferred through DBT to the bank accounts linked to the Aadhaar numbers of the head or mistresses of the family who have BPL and Antyodaya cards as an alternative to members.
The central Government will supply 5kg of rice. After suspending the sale of rice and wheat which was being supplied by the Central Government to the State Governments, an alternative system of giving 5kg of rice and giving cash for the remaining 5kg was implemented as there was a shortfall in the amount fixed for the scheme.
This project has finally been implemented with an alternative route after going through the duality in rice supply and accusations, counter-accusations, and criticisms.
You don’t need to apply for this Anna Bhagya Yojana, just having your ration card is enough. An Aadhaar card must be linked with the ration card. You can visit https://ahara.kar.nic.in online and link your Aadhaar card to your ration card.
Anna Bhagya yojane- Purpose
The Annabhagya scheme is implemented with the mission of building a hunger-free Karnataka. The purpose of this project is to provide continuous support to the poor and economically backward citizens of the state in view of the government’s cooperation and since rice is the most important staple food grain of life.
Annabhagya Scheme Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
- Every member of the state having a BPL card is eligible to be the beneficiary of this scheme.
- It is mandatory for members to link their ration card with their Aadhaar card.
- Transfer of funds through DBT to bank accounts linked to the Aadhaar numbers of the family head or mistress.
- Antyodaya (AAY) and Priority Ration Card (PHH) members will also benefit from this scheme.
Other information about Anna Bhagya Yojana
- The annual cost of this project is about Rs 10,000 crore presented in the budget.
- 10kg of rice will be supplied free of charge to eligible beneficiaries.
- Each member will get 5 kg of rice and for the remaining 5 kg, Rs. 34 per kg of rice or Rs. 170 will be transferred to the accounts through DBT.
Alternatively, the cash transfer system may switch back to 5kg rice depending on rice supply in the coming days.
Is your ration card linked with your Aadhar card?
It is mandatory for all citizens to link their ration card with Aadhaar card. And for this Annabhagya Yojana it is mandatory to link Aadhaar card to the ration cards of the members. Through this it will be linked to the bank account and will be able to transfer and manage cash.
How to know Ration card and Aadhar card link status?
You can check the linked status of the Aadhaar card with your Ration card by yourself.
processes are mentioned in the following steps
- You visit the official website, the home page appears in front of you.
- Then, click on the option “E-Services”(“ಇ- ಸೇವೆಗಳು“).
- Then, click on the “E-Ration Card”(“ಇ- ಪಡಿತರ ಚೀಟಿ“) option. Then click on the “Show Ration Card”(“ಪಡಿತರ ಚೀಟಿ ತೋರಿಸು“) option. A page will open in front of you as shown below.
- Then you enter your Ration card number.
- Then the membership number on the card will appear. There you will notice that the Aadhaar card is linked.
- Then if Aadhaar is not updated you can link it.
How to link Aadhaar to Ration Card?
You can link your Aadhaar Card to Ration Card in the following ways
- Now on the official website itself, click on the “Link UID”(“ಯುಐಡಿ ಲಿಂಕ್ ಮಾಡಿ“) option below.
- Then you will see the page, which contains the links for the region in which your districts fall under, click on it.
- Then, a page will open in front of you as shown below Click on the option “UID linking for RC members“.
- Then, the Aadhaar card option will appear in front of you, select it.
- Then, fill in your Aadhaar number and enter the OTP that will be sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Then by entering your Ration card number, your can link to your Aadhaar card.
- Ahaar Official Website
- Link adhar card to Ration card
- Check the status of Ration card linked with Adhar card
FAQs on Anna bhagya Yojana
Who is eligible for this Anna bhagya scheme?
Members with BPL and Antyodaya cards can avail of this free facility.
How to link Aadhaar to Ration Card?
You can easily visit the official website of Karnataka Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Limited (https://ahara.kar.nic.in) on your mobile or computer/laptop and link your Aadhaar card. Or linking will be done at your nearest Nadakacheri, Grama One, Bangalore One or Cyber Center.
What is the fixed price for 1 kg of rice under the Anna Bhagya Yojana?
Under Anna Bhagya Yojana, the fixed price for 1 kg of rice is Rs.34.
34 rupees for 1 kg and 170 rupees for 5 kg will be credited to the account.